bangkoscow

"just feelings" - bret mckenzie

I think life would be very boring if we were happy all the time. Have you met people that are always happy? They bother me. I hope they're not bored.

In the space of three months, most (all?) people experience a lot of different feelings. Since I'm one of those people, and in three days I will have been traveling for three months, I've experienced a lot of feelings.

I'm posting ten pictures today that remind me of feelings I've had on this trip. I thought about labeling them, then I thought it would be more fun to see what feelings these pictures remind you of. Here's what I'm hoping:

1. You send me an e-mail with a one word (or two or three if you must) feeling that goes with each picture.
2. After maybe five days, I'll re-post the pictures with the various responses.
3. I'll pick my favorite responses (as in one person, ten feelings) and send them the final postcard - one for August and September.

Please e-mail a response to alban.exe@gmail.com (don't put your response in a comment, it'll ruin the suspense).
Also, number your responses like the pictures so I don't get confused.

PS After rereading the post, I realized that the beginning makes it sound like I'm not happy. On the contrary, I'm quite happy (among other things) at the moment.

PPS Avid blog readers (you know who you are), maybe you can encourage those less likely to read/comment?

Number 1


Number 2


Number 3


Number 4


Number 5


Number 6


Number 7


Number 8


Number 9


Number 10

3 Comments:

At September 2, 2008 at 2:25 PM , Blogger Jennifer Payne said...

Brilliant idea! You are so creative that I think I will have to steal this concept for a class activity on word choice. I sent you my list of words, and I can't wait to see everyone else's. The composite of 10 words makes an interesting collage of feelings for a 3-month trip.

 
At September 2, 2008 at 7:24 PM , Blogger Thrushsong said...

Thanks for giving us an opportunity to imagine taking this trip with you. I've sent my list too.

 
At September 3, 2008 at 11:09 PM , Blogger Ansley said...

Ahhhh! Only seven more days and my little brother will be home. I'm sending you love from the nurses' station the middle of the night. I'm feeding a fat but jaundiced newborn his 3:00 am bottle. He is happy as a clam. Life is good.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Archives

June 2008   July 2008   August 2008  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]